The Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) is one of India’s largest and most prestigious education boards. The CBSE 10th board exam is a crucial step in every student’s academic journey. Mathematics is one of the most vital subjects in the 10th class curriculum, as it lays the foundation for future studies in science, engineering, finance, economics, and many other fields. The exam plays a vital role in determining the future academic careers of students.
Most students consider mathematics to be a challenging subject. However, with the right approach and preparation, scoring good marks in math can be a cakewalk. This blog post will discuss some effective CBSE 10th class math preparation tips 2024 for students to prepare and score good marks:
1. Understand the Syllabus and Exam Pattern for Class 10 Math’s 2024
- The first and foremost thing that a student must do is to segregate the subjects of the CBSE class 10 curriculum and understand the syllabus & exam pattern. The syllabus is readily available on the official website of CBSE, and students can also download it from there.
- Knowing the syllabus will help students to understand the topics they need to prepare, and the exam pattern will give them an idea about the kind of questions asked in the exam. Gather all resources for preparation so you don’t leave out any topic.
- Students must focus on the topics that are given more weightage in the exam. This will help them to cover all the topics and prepare efficiently.
2. Create a Study Plan
- Once you have a better idea of the syllabus and exam pattern, the next step is to set your own timetable for board exam preparation
- Decide priorities and create a study plan, including a detailed schedule of the topics to be covered, the time allocated to each topic, and the number of hours dedicated to the subject daily. Plan your schedule, so you have enough time left for revision and practice tests.
- While planning your schedule, ensure to include rest & breaks and leisure activities. A well-planned study schedule can help you stay focused and motivated throughout your preparation.
3. Gather all Resources for Preparation
- The next step is to gather all resources required for preparation. Bring all your mathematics study materials together and choose.
- This is an essential step and will help you declutter your mind of what and where to study from.
- Sticking to one study material instead of taking multiple books and referring to all of them is advisable. Just remember:Don’t go overboard. NCERT is the king.
4. Focus on the Basics
- The CBSE 10th math’s paper includes various topics, including algebra, geometry, trigonometry, statistics, and probability. Having a solid foundation in the basics of these topics is essential.
- Don’t just memorize the formulas; instead, understand the underlying concepts behind them. Revise the fundamental concepts of each chapter before moving on to more complex topics.
- Familiarity with theory and conceptual clarity will help you not only in solving any problem efficiently but you will also be able to apply the same concepts to different problems.
5. Practice, Practice, and Practice
- The key to scoring good marks in math’s is to practice the maximum number of questions you can. Practice different types of questions from various sources, such as textbooks, reference books, and online resources.
- Solving sample papers and previous year question papers can also help you understand the exam pattern and types of questions asked.
- Previous year’s question papers could be downloaded from the official website of CBSE.
- Just keep in mind if you practice everything you have read repeatedly, it can help you build speed, accuracy, confidence in the subject, and time management skills.
6. Focus on Important Topics
- Students should focus more on the topics that carry more weightage in the exam. They can refer to and study the previous year’s question papers to identify the important topics.
- Also, pay more attention to difficult topics. Go back, revise, and try to solve as many problems as possible from those topics.
7. Take Help from Teachers and Peers
- Teachers and peers can be excellent sources of guidance and support during your CBSE 10th math’s preparation. If you have any doubts regarding any topic, feel free to ask doubts to your teachers or ask your classmates for help.
- Collaborating with peers and discussing problems can also help you learn from their perspective and approach toward the subject.
8. Use Online Resources
- There are many online resources available that can help you prepare for the CBSE class 10th Mathematics exam. You can refer to online videos, tutorials, and practice papers.
- There are also many online forums where a student can ask their doubts and get them cleared by experts.
9. Visual Aids and Keywords
- Mathematics is a subject that involves many diagrams, graphs, and charts. Using visual aids such as diagrams and flowcharts can help you understand complex concepts and retain information better.
- Visual aids can also help you solve problems, especially in geometry and trigonometry. On the other hand, using keywords can help you remember difficult formulas.
10. Revise Regularly
- Revision is an essential aspect of CBSE 10th math’s preparation. Students should revise the topics regularly to retain them in their memory. Make sure to revise each chapter at least once before moving on to the next.
- Revise the formulas, theorems, and concepts regularly to retain them. Keep a notebook handy and jot down the essential formulas and points for quick revision.
- Try to write some of the formulas every day so that you will be able to recall them during the exam.
11. Take Sample Tests
- Sample tests are an excellent way to evaluate your preparation level. Students should take mock tests regularly to understand their strengths and weaknesses.
- To improve their speed and accuracy, try to solve mock tests within the time limit. Mock tests will also help identify mistakes and help you rectify them before the exam.
- Ensure you are writing without shortcuts like you would be solving in an exam.
12. Take rest & Breaks
- Students should take regular rest and breaks during their study sessions. They should take short breaks of 10-15 minutes after studying for an hour or two.
- This will help them refresh their minds and concentrate better when they return to their studies.
13. Focus on Time Management
- Time management is crucial while preparing for CBSE Class 10th Mathematics. Students should allocate their time effectively to cover and revise all the topics before the exam.
- They should try to solve problems quickly and accurately to save time during the exam. They should also manage their time while solving different sections of the question paper.
- Make sure you divide time between different exam sections based on weightage. A simple trick is that in 100 marks exam of 3 hours, not more than 1.8 minutes per mark should be utilized. For instance, in a five marks question, the maximum time limit is 9 minutes.
14. Stay Positive
- Lastly, students should stay positive and confident during their preparation and the exam. They should not get demotivated by failures and setbacks.
- Breathe, do not panic; Keep a positive attitude and believe in yourself. A positive mindset will help students stay motivated and focused.
Tips to Follow While Sitting for the Exam
On exam day, the following tips can much a difference:
Utilize Reading Time Effectively
Every CBSE exam includes fifteen minutes of reading time, and you must utilize this time effectively. Decide which section to start first. You don’t need to start with section A first. Instead, start with the section of the exam you feel most comfortable with. This will give a significant boost to your confidence.
Manage Your Time Effectively
The CBSE Class 10 Math exam is three hours long, so time management is crucial. You should make sure to allocate time for each section of the exam, including solving and revising.
Write Neatly and Organize Your Work
Presentation matters in Math. Make sure to write their answers neatly and clearly, with proper headings and subheadings. Also, organise the answer logically and systematically.
Read the Instructions Carefully
Please read the instructions and questions carefully before attempting them. Also, follow the instructions for each question, such as the number of marks allotted and the type of answer required.
You must show all your work, including the intermediate steps and calculations, while solving problems. Since the exam involves step marking, this helps the examiner to understand the student’s thought process and gives partial marks even if the final answer is incorrect.
After completing the exam, make sure to revise every answer. Check your calculations, and formulas, to ensure that all the questions have been answered correctly.
It’s essential to remain calm and composed during the exam. Stress and anxiety can hamper your performance. Breathe, do not panic, stay positive, and focus on the task.
In conclusion, the CBSE Class 10 Math exam can be challenging, but with the proper preparation and tips, students can score well in the exam. Students can confidently ace the exam by managing their time effectively, understanding concepts, practising previous years’ question papers, and following the above tips.