CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Maths 2022-23 Free PDF Download
CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Maths 2022-23 Free PDF Download
Maths requires a lot of practice, formula memorisation and a thorough comprehension of ideas. It is a scoring subject for students who practise it consistently. Students must go through the revised course structure assigned per the new annual assessment scheme to know the chapters and topics to be covered during the year. Students can download the CBSE maths syllabus for class 10 pdf and access it whenever needed.
In this article,
- Highlights of CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Maths
- CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus for Academic Year 2022-23 PDF
- CBSE Syllabus For Class 10 Maths – Unit Wise Marking Scheme
- Objectives of the CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Maths
- How to Download CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Maths?
- FAQs on CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Maths
Highlights of CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Maths
The CBSE syllabus for class 10 maths contains details of the course structure, weightage for each unit, pdf download links, etc., to help you start your preparation.
- CBSE syllabus for class 10 maths is designed based on the National Curriculum Framework 2005
- Students get a detailed understanding of the course structure
- The well-explained chapter-wise description and marks weightage of each unit helps the student to balance their time and prepare accordingly.
CBSE Class 10 Maths Syllabus for Academic Year 2022-23 PDF
The board has issued the CBSE syllabus for class 10 maths 2022-23. Students can access the CBSE syllabus for class 10 maths basic and standard PDF from the given link.
- CBSE maths syllabus for class 10 pdf
- Students are suggested to get the printout of the CBSE board maths syllabus for class 10. This will help them keep track of what topics they have studied and what is left in the course.
CBSE Syllabus For Class 10 Maths – Unit Wise Marking Scheme
Cbse board maths syllabus for class 10 is structured into seven units. The marks scheme for each unit is given in the table.
|Unit No.||Unit||Marks Weightage|
|VII||Statistics and Probability||11|
The chapter-wise CBSE syllabus for class 10 maths exam is given below.
UNIT I: Number Systems
1: Real Number (15 Periods)
- Fundamental Theorem of Arithmetic.
- Proofs of the irrationality of √2, √3, √5
UNIT 2: Algebra
1: Polynomials (8 Periods)
- Zeros of a polynomial.
- Relationship between zeros and coefficients.
2: Pair of linear equations in two variables (15 periods)
- Periods Pair of linear equations in two variables, graphical method and consistency/inconsistency.
- Algebraic conditions for solutions.
- Solution of a pair of linear equations in two variables algebraically – by substitution, elimination and situational problems.
3: Quadratic equations (15 Periods)
- The standard form of a quadratic equation.
- Solutions of quadratic equations by factorisation method and the quadratic formula.
- Discriminant and nature of roots.
- Situational problems related to quadratic equations
4: ARITHMETIC PROGRESSIONS (10 periods)
- Arithmetic Progression Derivation of the nth term
- The sum of the first n terms of A.P
- Application in solving daily life problems.
UNIT 2: GEOMETRY
1: Triangles (15 periods)
- Introduction to triangles
- The similarity of triangles, criteria for similarity of triangles, areas of similar triangles and Pythagoras theorem.
2: Circles (10 periods)
The point of contact is tangent to a circle.
- Prove that the tangent at any point on a circle is perpendicular to the radius via the point of contact.
- Prove that Tangents drawn from an exterior point to a circle have equal lengths.
UNIT 3: Trigonometry
1: Introduction (10 Periods)
- Right-angled triangle acute angle ratios Proof of their existence; Motivate the ratios stated at 0 degrees and 90 degrees.
- Trigonometric ratios of 300, 450, and 600. Relationships between the ratios.
2: TRIGONOMETRIC IDENTITIES (15 Periods)
Proof and applications of the identity
3: Heights and distances( (10 Periods)
- Heights and distances- Angle of Elevation, Angle of Depression, height and distance problems. There should be no more than two right triangles in a problem. Angles of elevation/depression should be just 30°, 45°, or 60°.
UNIT 4: Mensuration
1: Areas related to circles (12 Periods)
- Area of sectors and segments.
- Area and perimeter problem sums.
2: Surface areas and volumes (12 periods)
- Surface areas and volumes: cubes, cuboids, spheres, hemispheres and cones/ circular cylinders.
- Converting metallic solid into another and other problem sums.
UNIT 5: Statistics and probability
1: Statistics (18 Periods)
- Mean, median and mode of grouped data.
- Mean by Direct Method and Assumed Mean M.
2: Probability (10 Periods)
- Definition of probability.
- Finding the probability of an event Simple problems.
Internal Assessment (for both Maths Standard and Maths Basic)
|Pen Paper Test and Multiple Assessment (5 5)||10|
How to Download CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Maths?
CBSE maths syllabus for class 10 2022-2023 has been released on the board’s website cbse.nic.in.
Follow these steps to download CBSE syllabus for class 10 maths basic and standard from the official website:
- Step 1: Check out the CBSE official website.
- Step 2: The webpage opens. Click on the tab Curriculum for the Academic Year 2022-23
- Step 3: Choose the Secondary Curriculum option(IX-X))
- Step 4: The CBSE syllabus for the class of all subjects will be displayed sequentially on the screen. Click on the Main Subjects – (Group-A1) option, then click on the Mathematics link to download the CBSE maths syllabus for class 10 pdf.
Objectives of the CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Maths
- Integrate the math skills, techniques, and knowledge learned in primary classes.
- Learn basic concepts, definitions, principles, symbols, and underlying processes and abilities.
- Improve your basic algebraic abilities.
- Develop sketching abilities as well as measuring abilities for defining regions.
- Experience the flow of reason as you prove a point or solve a problem.
- Improve your analytical and logical thinking skills.
FAQs on CBSE Syllabus for Class 10 Maths
- Is NCERT enough to complete the CBSE maths syllabus for class 10?
Yes, NCERT is more than enough to meet the CBSE maths syllabus for class 10.
- What are the Most Important Chapters in Maths Syllabus Class 10?
> Quadratic equation
- What is the updated CBSE syllabus for class 10 maths basic and standard?
The CBSE Board has released the revised syllabus on the official website. Check this article for more details.