MCQs for Class 10 Science Periodic Classification of Elements have significant weightage in the CBSE Board Exams. Students often consider it much easier than long descriptive answers. Answering the Chapter 5 Periodic Classification of Elements MCQs requires a lot of learning, critical thinking, practice and hard work. These Multiple Choice Questions cover the essential concepts designed as per the latest syllabus issued by CBSE which helps students to prepare for the exam.Solving these MCQs for Class 10 Science Periodic Classification of Elements will give students a clear understanding of the type of questions that can appear in the exam. Students must solve these to evaluate their performance level and analyze their strong and weak topics from Chapter 5 Periodic Classification of Elements. These questions are best to elevate your last-minute exam preparations.
Class 10 Science MCQs Chapter 5 Periodic Classification of Elements
1) Which of the following set of elements is written in order of their increasing metallic character?
- Na Li K
- C Q N
- Mg Al Si
- Be Mg Ca
2) Which of the following sets of atomic numbers belong to that alkali metals?
- 1, 12, 30, 4, 62
- 37, 19, 3, 55
- 9, 17, 35, 53
- 12, 20, 56, 88
3) Which of the element whose atomic number is given below cannot accommodate in the present set-up of the long form of the periodic table?
4) What is the special name given to the 17th group?
- alkali metals
- inert gases
5) Which statement is correct for the left to right movement in the periodic table?
- A) elements become less metallic from left to right
- B) atoms lose electrons easily
- C) number of valence electrons increases
- D) oxides become more acidic
6) The increasing order of the atomic radii of elements Na, Rb, K, Mg is
- Na < K < Mg < Rb
- K < Na < Mg < Rb
- Na < Mg < K < Rb
- Mg < Na < K < Rb
7) What happens to the electropositive character of elements on moving from left to right in a periodic table?
- First increases then decreases
- First decreases then increases
8) Upto which element, The Law of Octaves was found to be applicable
9)Elements which behave both as metal and nonmetals are called
- Noble Gases
10) The valence shell of element A contains 3 electrons while the valence shell of element B contains 6 electrons. If A combines with B, the probable chemical formula of the compound is
11) Which of the following elements does not lose an electron easily?
12) In the modern periodic table, elements are arranged according to their
- Atomic mass
- Atomic number
- Number of nucleons
- All of these
13) In Mendeleev’s Periodic Table, gaps were left for the elements to be discovered later. Which of the following elements found a place in the Periodic Table later?
14) Which of the following will form acidic oxide? An element with an atomic number
15) Which of the following is the outermost shell for elements of period 2?
- K shell
- L shell
- N shell
- M shell