MCQ Questions for Class 10 Science Chemical Reactions and Equations are an excellent way for students to practice what they have learned in Class 10 Science Chapter 1. The objective questioning pattern helps students remember vital parts of a chapter, and the quiz-like format of MCQs makes it interesting. For Chapter 1 Chemical Reactions and Equations, MCQs will help students remember equations and answers quickly and correctly.
MCQs from Class 10 Science Chapter 1 Chemical Reactions and Equations cover more questions than long-answer questions, allowing for more thorough practice. The multiple-choice questioning format is simple to analyze, quick, and easy to answer and will enable students to assess their own capability. For best results, students should practice solving Science MCQ Questions for Class 10 daily.
Chemical Reactions and Equations Class 10 MCQs Questions with Answers:
1) Magnesium ribbon is rubbed before burning because it has a coating of
- basic magnesium carbonate
- basic magnesium oxide
- basic magnesium sulphide
- basic magnesium chloride
2) In which of the following chemical equations, the abbreviations represent the correct states of the reactants and products involved at reaction temperature?
- 2H2(l) + O2(l) → 2H2O(g)
- 2H2(g) + O2(l) → 2H2O(l)
- 2H2(g) + O2(g) → 2H2O(l)
- 2H2(g) + O2(g) → 2H2O(g)
3) Consider equations: Ca⁺²(aq) + 2OH‾(aq)→Ca(OH)₂ (s). The precipitate of calcium hydroxide will be of
- Green colour
- Blue colour
- Brown colour
- White colour
4) Which of the following statements about the given reaction are correct? 3Fe(s) + 4H₂O(g) → Fe₃O₄ (s) + 4H₂ (g)
(a) Iron metal is getting oxidized.
(b) Water is getting reduced.
(c) Water is acting as a reducing agent.
(d)Water is acting as an oxidizing agent.
- (A), (B) & (C)
- (C) & (D)
- (A), (B) & (D)
- (B) & (D)
5) The chemical reaction between Hydrogen sulphide and iodine to give Hydrogen iodide and sulphur is given below:
H2S + I2 → 2HI + S
The reducing and oxidizing agents involved in this redox reaction are:
- Iodine and sulphur respectively
- Iodine and hydrogen sulphide respectively
- Sulphur and iodine respectively
- Hydrogen sulphide and sulphur
6) The chemical formula of lead sulphate is
7) An element X on exposure to moist air turns reddish-brown and a new compound Y is formed. The substances X and Y are
- X = Fe, Y = Fe2O3
- X = Ag, Y = Ag2S
- X = Cu, Y = CuO
- X = Al, Y = Al2O3
8) Pb + CuCl2 → PbCl2 + Cu
The above reaction is an example of:
- double displacement
9) Which of the statements about the reaction below are incorrect?
2PbO(s) + C(s) → 2Pb(s) + CO2 (g)
(i) Lead is getting reduced.
(ii) Carbon dioxide is getting oxidised.
(iii) Carbon is getting oxidised.
(iv) Lead oxide is getting reduced.
- (i), (ii) and (iii)
- (i) and (iii)
- (i) and (ii)
- All statements are incorrect
10) Which of the following reactions is not correct:
- Zn+ CuSO4 → ZnSO4 + Cu
- 2Ag + Cu(NO3)2 → 2AgNO3 + Cu
- Fe+CuSO4 → FeSO4 + Cu
- Mg + 2HCl → MgCl2 + H2
11) Which of the following is not a physical change?
- Boiling of water to give water vapour
- Melting of ice to give water
- Dissolution of salt in water
- Combustion of Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG)
12) The reaction between lead nitrate and potassium iodide present in aqueous solutions is an example of
- Decomposition Reaction
- Displacement Reaction
- Double Displacement Reaction
- Neutralisation Reaction
13) Which option denotes a double displacement reaction?
- A + B + C
- A + B → C
- AC + BD → AD + BC
- AC + B → AB + C
14) 2Fe+3H2O→Fe2O3+3H2.↑ is a
- Combination equation
- Decomposition reaction
- Isomerization reaction
- Displacement reaction
15) Which reactant is reduced in a given reaction:
CuO + H2 -> Cu + H2 O
- Copper Oxide
- None of the above