Probability is the branch of mathematics that deals with numerical explanations of what the result of an activity will be or whether it is true or false. Chapter 15 Probability is a scoring yet twisted chapter in Maths. Here we have the MCQ questions with answers that include different types of questions you can expect to come in exams.Chapter 15 Probability MCQs precisely include every topic from the chapter following the latest curriculum and CBSE exam pattern. Students should solve MCQ exercises daily to self-assess their performance and focus on the weaker topics. Practice hard to correct the previous mistakes to pass the exam with flying colors.
Class 10 Maths Chapter 15 Probability MCQs
1. An event is very unlikely to happen. Its probability is closest to:
2. If the probability of an event is P, the probability of its complementary event will be:
A. P – 1
C. 1 – p
D. 1 – 1/p
3. In a family of 3 children, the probability of having atleast one boy is:
4. If P(A) denotes the probability of an event then:
A. P(A) < 0
B. P(A) > 0
C. 0 ≤ P(A) ≤ 1
D. -1 ≤ P(A) ≤ 0
5. The probability than a non-leap year selected at random will contain 53 Sundays is:
6. When a die is thrown, the probability of getting an odd number less them 3 is:
7. A card is drawn from a deck of 52 cards. The event E is that card is not an ace of hearts. The number of outcomes favourable to E is:
8. The probability of getting a bad egg in a lot of 400 is 0.035. The number of bad eggs in the lot is:
9. A girl calculate that the probability of her winning the first prize in a lottery is 0.08. If 6000 tickets are sold, how many tickets has she bought?
10. One ticket is drawn at random from a bag containing tickets numbered 1 to 40. The probability that the selected ticket has a number which is a multiple of 5 is:
11. Someone is asked to take a number from 1 to 100. The probability that it is a prime is:
12. A dice is thrown. Find the probability of getting an even number.
13. Two coins are thrown at the same time. Find the probability of getting both heads.
14. Two dice are thrown simultaneously. The probability of getting a sum of 9 is:
15. A bag contains 5 red balls and some blue balls .If the probability of drawing a blue ball is double that of a red ball, then the number of blue balls in a bag is:
16. Cards marked with numbers 2 to 101 are placed in a box and mixed thoroughly. One card is drawn from this box randomly, then the probability that the number on card is a perfect square.
17. What is the probability of getting 53 Mondays in a leap year?
18. A card is drawn from a well shuffled deck of 52 cards. Find the probability of getting a king of red suit.
19. A game of chance consists of spinning an arrow which is equally likely to come to rest pointing to one of the number 1,2,3……12 ,then the probability that it will point to an odd number is: