The Proposal Class 10 English MCQs with Answers
Every student wants to perform well in their board exams and secure higher grades. Chapter 11 The Proposal MCQs with answers are curated by experts with detailed research and analysis with the aim to help students in exam preparation. Comprehensive understanding and consistent efforts will make you a well-prepared student for the board exam.The benefit of cracking MCQs is that they are set as per the latest guidelines given by CBSE, helping students to know the question types they will face in the exam. Regular practice of Chapter 11 The Proposal MCQs helps to give the exam without any stress and also acquire the skills to answer questions. So study hard, practice rigidly and ace the exam.
CBSE Class 10 English MCQs for Chapter 11 – The Proposal
1) Who is squeezed between Lomov and Natalya emotionally?
- Natalya’s father
- Natalya’s mother
- Natalya’s brother
- Natalya’s aunt
2) What request did Chubukov think Lomov would make?
- ask for her daughter’s hand in marriage
- borrow money
- borrow land
- all of the above
3) Which of the following is the most suitable meaning of ‘palpitations’?
- To and fro movement
- To be careful not to attract attention
- rapid, strong, or irregular heartbeat
- All of these
4) How much are the meadows worth?
- 100 roubles
- 200 roubles
- 300 roubles
- 500 roubles
5) What was the age of Lomov?
6) The good qualities of the dog mentioned are:
- purebred, firm on his feet and well-sprung ribs
- purebred, faithful and beautiful
- well-sprung ribs, playful, purebred
- none of the above
7) What is the dispute over?
- Over Oxen Meadows
- Over Pigs
- Over Buffalo
- None of the above
8) Who gave the meadows to Natalya’s father?
- Aunt’s grandmother of Lomov
- Aunt’s grandfather of Lomov
- Aunt’s sister of Lomov
- Aunt’s brother of Lomov
9) What happens to Lomov when he is in the excited state?
- He started running
- His heartbeat increases
- His brain started working
- None of the above
10) What did Natalya offer Lomov?
11) The phrase ‘ My precious one’ refers to
12) If according to Chubukob and Natalya, Lomovs are not “honourable people”, why do they still consider Lomov’s proposal?
- Natalya can take care of her father if she marriage close by.
- They were exaggerating in the argument and didn’t mean it.
- They understand that honour is superficial and overrated.
- Lomov’s status in society supersedes everything.
13) Meaning of Force is:
- Tragic Drama
- Tragic comedy
- Comic Drama
- Romantic Drama
14) One defect about the dog is that
- He is lame
- He is dumb
- He is deaf
- He is old
15) Natalya was in ____ when she met with Lomov
- Evening Gown
- Salwar Suit