From his childhood days, Abdul Kalam dreamt of contributing to his nation which had just gained independence back then. He believed that this was possible only if he went to a good school. However, enrolling at a good school was a real challenge because his family was poor and barely managed to make ends meet. Abdul Kalam went on to do odd jobs to support his family but over time his inclination towards studies made his parents decide that their economic status shouldn’t be a deterrent to their son’s dream.
They had to go through a struggle to ensure that he received a quality education and Abdul Kalam didn’t let their efforts go to waste. On getting the chance not only did he persevere and excel at school but also went on to complete his master’s in aerospace engineering with the help of a scholarship that was awarded to him. This formed the foundation for the remarkable work that he went on to do for the country in the years to come.
We can take away many lessons from Abdul Kalam’s inspiring life. The one we’d like to draw attention to is that education can be an instrument of change and children from economically weak backgrounds with an aptitude for academics can work wonders for themselves, their families, and our nation when given a chance.
VidyaDaan is our way of providing such children with the chance that they need. Academics and overall education being at the core of the initiative, we will offer nothing but the best. Here is what the recipients of the scholarship will have access to.
- 2 year PU/ Intermediate education at a Deeksha campus in a stream that the student opts for
- Science program (dSci+) – Coaches students to crack both board (PU/ Intermediate) and competitive exams like JEE, NEET, KVPY, Olympiads, JIPMER, VITEEE
- Commerce program (dCom+) – Commerce taught the practical way with a combination of PU and Focus 360 program
- Both the courses will be:
- Taught using Deeksha’s time-tested teaching methodology
- By highly qualified and trained faculty
- In an audio-visual learning environment
- Study material prepared by industry experts
- Signature mentoring and life-skills program (dCARE Initiatives) for child’s all-round growth
- All of this in a safe and secure environment
In addition to academics, the 2 year PU program will groom them into young leaders who can take on the competitive world. They will be a part of our regular batches and receive the same exposure as any other student who enrolls at Deeksha. This will:
- Help them spend time and learn with children who have similar aspirations
- Enable peer learning to bring them up to speed with the children of today
- Help improve their communication and language skills
- Acclimatize them to today’s fast-paced world through the rigorous course that they will be a part of
- Contribute to their all-around growth with a host of extra-curricular activities like sports, literary fest, iCube, etc.
- Nurture them into confident individuals who can face challenges on their own through our unique dLife sessions (Life-skills program) that will be conducted on a fortnightly basis
While this is a lot of work over a short duration, we will ensure that they have ample support from the faculty members and also assign them a personal mentor who we call ‘dCARE Parent’ (dP). The dP will help them through any personal or academic challenges.
All this is perfectly in line with our mission – ‘To provide an effective and caring academic environment that nurtures original thinking and creates young, confident individuals with a sense of responsibility towards society.’
The first batch of scholarships has been rolled out and nominations are still open for the next 2 rounds. So hurry, use your #PowerToNominate – Log on to vidyadaan.deekshalearning.com
#ShareIfYouCare – Spread the word so that children in need may get to know about the VidyaDaan scholarship.