Albert Einstein said, “When we view science as something that surrounds us rather than as a subject we are required to study, concepts flood our brains and grades automatically appear on our papers. Science is what we believe, practice, and observe.” Consequently, the subject is divided into three sections: physics, chemistry, and biology. Each section contains diagrams, equations, problems, theories, and concepts. So, follow this article to perform better and know how to score good marks in science class 10 CBSE 2023.
Before preparing for the subject, you should try to recognise the idea. Never spend time memorising it. Once you understand the concept, move on, there are still many things you need to learn, as practice makes perfect. Spend one to two hours per day learning new concepts. Develop a desire to learn about things outside your comfort zone, and then develop along with this interest to achieve your goals.
CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus
The detailed CBSE Class 10 Science syllabus for the academic year 2022–2023 has been released by the Central Board of Secondary Education. Now is the ideal time for students to begin becoming familiar with the board exam curriculum and to have enough time for revision before the CBSE Board Exam. The Class 10 Science Syllabus 2023 consists of 5 units. Check out the following for the chapter-by-chapter CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus 2023:
To get familiar with the syllabus and marking scheme, check out the following:
CBSE Class 10 Science Syllabus 2022-23
|I||Chemical Substances-Nature and Behaviour||25|
|II||World of the Living||25|
|IV||Effects of Current||13|
One of the best methods to organise your preparation is a study schedule. Making a list of the key chapters and subjects can help students work more efficiently. Priority should be given to important topics, and the least important chapter should be covered last. You can complete the CBSE Class 10 Science syllabus just one month before the Board exam in 2023 by dedicating 3 hours per day.
|60 min||Revision of the chapter prepared yesterday.|
|60 min||Study a brief Science chapter.|
|60 min||Practice the NCERT Exercise questions and the chapter’s Important Questions.|
|30 min||Revision of the chapter prepared yesterday.|
|90 min||Study a lengthy Science chapter.|
|60 min||Practice the NCERT Exercise questions and the chapter’s Important Questions.|
Remember the following while preparing for the subject:
- Instead of long and short chapters, students can select chapters they believe to be either difficult or easy.
- Between study sessions, students should take brief breaks.
- The remainder of the day should be used for subject preparation.
The Best Reference Books to study for CBSE Class 10 Science
The following appropriate reference books for Class 10 CBSE Science should be chosen by students preparing for the CBSE 10th board exams. Respected authors and teachers have written these CBSE Books for Class 10 Science 2023 according to the most recent syllabus for the CBSE 10th exams.
|1.||Science Textbook (Physics, Chemistry, Biology)||Lakhmir Singh and Manjit Kaur|
|2.||Together with Science Study Material for Class 10||Rachna Sagar Pvt Ltd|
|3.||All In One Class 10 Science||Arihant publications|
|4.||Xam Idea Complete Course Science for CBSE Class 10||VK publications|
CBSE Class 10 Science Study Techniques
Students tend to worry much about science. Despite spending much time studying, they still make careless errors and perform poorly on tests. Science and math are the subjects that students fear because they not only have an extensive syllabus but also seem to have long question papers. However, students can easily prepare for and perform well on the CBSE Class 10 Science board exams in 2023 with the proper guidance, preparation strategy, and resource materials.
After each NCERT textbook, practice questions are offered for students to use. They improve your understanding of the chapter’s ideas and aid you in exams because many of the questions on the CBSE Class 10 Science board exam are either taken directly from this chapter or are only marginally modified. It is also advisable to make notes of each chapter as it simplifies the revision process during the exams.
Taking notes makes it easier to learn complicated ideas; the best method is to look at them repeatedly and remember them. The students can highlight the crucial sections and ideas in the book. These notes will enable you to quickly review the entire syllabus in the final days leading up to the exam.
Don’t Lose Focus
Physics, Chemistry, and Biology comprise the three main sub-divisions of the CBSE Class 10 Science curriculum. Check the CBSE class 10 Science syllabus 2023 to understand the format of the test, the types of questions, and the organisation of the material, and double-check the content of the entire syllabus. We advise students to review the syllabus frequently, so they don’t lose focus, avoid skipping any topics, and ensure they are prepared for the upcoming exam in 2023.
Performing Practice Tests
You must complete the Class 10 Science sample paper to do well in the CBSE Science exam. The CBSE has significantly changed its curriculum and question paper format, particularly for 2023. To use as a reference while preparing for the exam, students must complete the CBSE Class 10 Science sample paper and view its solution while performing practice tests.
Students frequently ponder why they can’t remember the material they have already studied numerous times. This is because we only return to it for a cursory glance despite our repeated study of the subject. If students concentrate on consecutive revisions, there will be no problems with remembering the material before and during the exams.
Students frequently take too many breaks and have too much fun, or they take too few and endanger their exam preparation. It’s essential to strike a balance. Avoid studying for extended periods without giving your body, mind, and brain a break. During the breaks, move around a little, stretch a little, rest your eyes, drink water or other healthy liquids, and eat small snacks to maintain fitness. During your breaks, it is advised that you turn your head away from any digital devices and screens.
Avoid Social Media
Social media should be avoided to maintain focus. Long-term use of social media sites like Facebook or Twitter can be time-wasting. Limit your use of social media and give your topic preparation your full attention. Additionally, make sure to eat well and get enough sleep.
Tips for CBSE Class 10 Science Exam Preparation
In March 2023, the CBSE will hold its Class 10 Science board examination. The basics and other key ideas can be prepared for and reviewed by students in plenty of time. Students should remember that other subjects are just as important, and they should make a schedule to devote enough time to all of their subjects.
Science is divided into three sections, and each has a different degree of difficulty based on mathematical calculations and theoretical concepts. As a result, section-wise planning becomes necessary—2023 CBSE 10th science exam preparation advice.
CBSE Class 10 – Biology Preparation Tips
- First and foremost, familiarise yourself with the exam’s biology syllabus. The NCERT biology textbook is suggested as a place to start because NCERT books are considered the best.
- It is suggested that the biology curriculum be divided into three parts for preparation.
- Remember that studying biology test questions from the past is the most crucial part of your preparation. The best way to practice and revise, it gives an idea of the question patterns.
- It is suggested that students study both the common names and all the examples provided in the NCERT textbook.
- When studying biology, make a habit of making charts and notes of names because doing so will enable you to review and keep names at your fingertips.
CBSE Class 10 – Chemistry Preparation Tips
- The best preparation book for chemistry is NCERT. It provides a clear understanding of the chapter’s topics in the most practical way.
- Each chapter should be given equal importance when studying for the first time, regardless of how much weight their marks carry.
- Ensure you attempt all of the NCERT textbook problems related to each chapter after finishing it.
- Start working on CBSE board sample papers and previous year’s papers once you have finished all the chapters.
- To make it simple for the examiner to evaluate your answers, you should be as specific as possible while answering the questions.
CBSE Class 10 – Physics Preparation Tips
- The NCERT textbook covers the entire class 10 Physics syllabus and is strictly followed in the Physics board exam. Therefore, it is advised that students study from the NCERT book.
- Important formulas should be readily available for students to respond to numerical questions quickly.
- Students should practice each derivation at least three times to make the exam go quickly.
- There is a required drawing question in the Physics Paper, either of a graph or a tool. Students should focus on the diagram’s essential elements to get full points on this question.
- The class 10 physics exam papers from the previous year should be completed within the allotted time. This will get them mentally and physically ready for the test.
2023 CBSE Class 10 Science Exam Day Study Advice
In conclusion, follow these steps to succeed in your Science Class 10 CBSE 2023:
- Examine the test questions thoroughly.
- Find the solution you are familiar with and respond to them first.
- Do not linger too long on a single issue.
- Instead of using a pen, draw diagrams with a pencil.
- Any question should be answered using the bullets or steps.